‘Moor Lane’ development – It’s not over ’til it’s over
Woking Borough Council (WBC) & the developers may want you believe that the so called ‘Moor Lane’ development is a done deal BUT this still has to get approval from the Planning Committee to get the go-ahead. So you CAN still have your say and INFLUENCE the outcome!
You can find out what is proposed here: http://www.woking.gov.uk/planning/service/planningnews/plan-2013-0081-Moor_Lane
YOUR opinion matters. So if you are NOT happy tell the WBC planning department what is WRONG with the proposals.
The following are the grounds on which planning permission is most likely to be refused (this list is not definitive). Other reasons such as loss of property value are not looked at. Keep your objections to these kinds of issues.:
- Loss of light or overshadowing
- Overlooking/loss of privacy
- Visual amenity (but not loss of private view)
- Loss of Amenity.
- Adequacy of parking/loading/turning
- Highway safety
- Traffic generation
- Noise and disturbance resulting from use
- Hazardous materials
- Loss of trees
- Layout and density of buildings
- Form and bulking, does it match the nearby housing stock and street scenes
- Design, appearance and materials
- Road access
- Local, strategic, regional and national planning policies
- Nature conservation
You can find fantastic advice on how to object to planning applications here:
- How to object to planning applications – http://planninglawblog.blogspot.co.uk/p/how-to-object.html
- Sample Objection Letter – http://www.planninghelp.org.uk/improve-where-you-live/how-to-comment-on-a-planning-application/letter-of-objection
WCRA urge you to use your right to object if you consider that there are good grounds for objection.
Numbers counts in the final tally to demonstrate the weight of support or objection there is to an application.
So get everyone in your household to submit a comment (in support or objection). Ask your friends and family to do it as well.
You can submit objections:
- Online – Go http://caps.woking.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MHL3PSRU39000
- By email – Email firstname.lastname@example.org here quoting ‘Moor Lane’ Development reference PLAN/2013/0081
- By letter – to the planning department of Woking Borough Council.
Submit your responses by the 1st March 2013.